This event will have two components:
- A plenary session featuring lighting talks about 6-8 metadata projects underway in the Five Colleges and Museums10 ecosystem.
- An opportunity to follow your favorite speakers to breakout sessions for discussion and Q&A.
- Five College FOLIO (Future of Libraries is Open)
- Five College Museum Collections Management Commons
- Smith College’s Stronger Together
- Yiddish Book Center’s digital projects
- Amherst College Digital Collections
We may also be adding more colleagues to the lighting talk and breakout schedule! Register to stay up to date with schedule additions.
Everyone! This event is free and open to leadership, staff, faculty, and students at all Five College campuses and Museums10 as well as colleagues from the broader LAMs communities. Please forward this message to anyone you think might be interested in this event or those later in the fall.
What are the other events this fall?
We’re putting together a digital flyer that will be ready shortly. In the meantime, here’s the lineup (all events are on Wednesdays 2-3:30):
October 20: Ethical Cataloging with guest speaker Hannah Turner, author of Cataloging Culture
(UBC Press, 2020)
November 17: Governance Models
December 15: Public Portal User Study Results with research partners Slover Linett Audience Research. You can participate in the survey posted at museums.fivecolleges.edu
Your Summit Planning Team:
Rachel Beckwith, Library Director, Hampshire College
Nimisha Bhat, Visual Arts Librarian, Smith College
Bea Cusin, Administrative assistant for Sponsored Projects, Five Colleges, Inc.
Carrie Evans, Data Specialist, Five Colleges, Inc.
Adrienne Figus, Project Manager for Stronger Together, Smith College
Erin Richardson, PhD, Project Manager, Five Colleges, Inc.