“Meet the Library” series: Meet Olivia

This weeks “Meet the Library” post is an introduction to Access Services Associate, Olivia!
I’m introducing myself, Olivia (she/her) this week! My favorite place on the Hampshire campus is the bench behind the Red Barn, especially during fall when the foliage on the mountains is truly just showing off. My library tip is that Five College Loan and Interlibrary Loan are actually two different systems! Five College Loan will let you borrow physical materials within the consortium within a couple days, while ILL gives you access to digital articles in a couple days, as well as physical materials that the consortium doesn’t own in a week or two. They can come from all over the country!
My current book recommendation is “What We Don’t Talk About When We Talk About Fat” by Aubrey Gordon—she looks at anti-fatness through a social justice framework and pulls on her own experiences as well as stories from others while advocating for fat justice, not merely body neutrality. When I’m not at the library, I enjoy baking, catching up with friends, playing with my cats, and admiring the wildlife that wanders through my back yard.Library staff member, Olivia