About the Harold
Educating for Change: the Hampshire Library
The Hampshire College library is a dynamic hub of people, technology, and information that serves as an incubator of ideas across all disciplines. Educating for change demands comprehension of the past and vision for the future. The library’s innovative and risk-taking intellectual environment fosters new ways of creating knowledge and understanding.
We aspire to:
- Serve as a welcoming social and intellectual center of the College.
- Partner with students, faculty, and staff in reimagining the library.
- Embrace transformations in research and collections, building on the foundational collaboration between collections, technology, and media to redefine library services.
- Create connections between people, tools, and ideas.
- Empower a creative and energetic staff to experiment, expand the library’s reach across campus, and anticipate student needs in a rapidly changing world.
- Adapt and design collections, formats, and access to promote an open learning environment.
Find out more by visiting our collections and other resources online
Harold F. Johnson Library Center
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002