It’s that time of the semester…carrel applications are open!
The library offers private carrels for students to reserve on a semester-by-semester basis, to serve as a private workspace for you, or you and a friend.
We will give priority to applicants in the following order:
- Final semester Div III students willing to share carrels
- Final semester Div III students
- First semester Div III students who are willing to share carrels
- First semester Div III students who are not willing to share carrels
- Div II students who are willing to share carrels
- Div II students who are not willing to share carrels
In all cases, students who have not previously used a carrel will be given priority over those who have.
Carrel space is limited, so it is highly encouraged to apply with a carrel-mate in order for us to accommodate as many students as possible. If you list a specific carrel mate in your application, that individual must also submit an application and list you as their carrel mate. If one of you fails to submit a form, your application will not be considered. If you are willing to share a carrel, but don’t have a carrel mate in mind, the library will facilitate a match.
While we cannot guarantee every applicant their own carrel, the library also reserves a number of open carrels each semester, which may be used by anyone on a first-come, first-served basis!
Please be mindful that carrel assignment does take processing time. We will try to finish assignments within a week of the application closing.
Apply online at http://hamp.it/carrels
Applications close September 8th, 2019.