Present: Lee, Tom, Karthik (scribe), Mike, Bill (hangouts)
Prime agenda item’s :-
Tom’s proposal defense practice.
Administrative stuff :
– More students, yay!
– Faculty guests over the semester : Nic McPhee, Lance Williams
– Meeting next week : 10-12 on 27th
– Lee’s presentation at the BEACON center, on a bunch of topics, ranging from the GPTP work to some ALIFE work
Collaboration with Jason Moore:
- Lexicase selection might potentially be super useful for those kinds of problems.
- Some of the data is non binary.
- PushGP runs in progress.
- Potential for more people to start doing some runs on this dataset!
- ULTRA padding issues sorted out. (Padding removed in the new Clojush)
- wc slightly better, factorial slightly worse on initial tests.
- Representation for the genome is a linear sequence that can be converted into a Push program for execution.
- Epigenetic switching of instructions is easier with a linear genome.
- Possible release this weekend.
Tom’s proposal defense practice:
- Start time 11.02AM
- Prime focus of proposal being Lexicase selection, which is novel in multiple ways in the domain of software synthesis using Genetic Programming.
- End time 11.49 AM ( Overall roughly 45min)