Attending: Lee, Tom (scribe), Bill, Omri, Kartik (virtual), Kwaku (virtual)
Karthik – can probably connect Clojush and Z3 through Java API.
Lexicase Paper Rejection
- Some possible additions ideas:
- Investigate how much of pop is let around after each step of lexicase
- time runs for this paper
- Lexicase speedup idea: use a lexicase comparator, and then find optimum in population
- To do this, would need a lexicase comparator that takes 2 individuals (or error vectors) as well as a test case ordering, and returns the individual with better initial cases based on the ordering
- Then, you can use the comparator to find the “max” (or “min”) of the population – basically, use it with reduce to find best individual for that ordering
- We should include this as a possibility in paper, but probably not implement it.
- Thoughts on niching/fitness sharing:
- We should definitely enhance our discussion with related techniques, but not necessarily implement and compare with them
- We should clarify how lexicase is different
- If we find one option that is common and simple, we could try it out if we have time.