Present: Lee, Tom (scribe), Bill, Charles Ofria
Note: Student travel grants for GECCO are now open for application.
- Charles suggests using (average) Hamming distance of output vectors instead of behavioral diversity to measure the population diversity
- This will do a better job of measuring the coverage of the phenotypic space (or “trait coverage”)
- could just sample this, don’t have to compare every pair of individuals
Discussion of co-solvability paper
- Very related in motivation to lexicase
- lexicase is mostly different in that it can select individuals that are really bad at a few test cases as long as they are really good at others.
- Also, co-solvability requires binary test cases, without an obvious way to use on non-binary cases