Present: Lee, Tom, Tim, Karthik (scribe), Lance, Mike, Wren, Beryl, Bill
- Meeting time fixed – 10-12 on Wednesdays for at least this semester.
- Fly documentation revision(s) – recently updated by Tom.
Reading for next week:
Agenda for sometime in the next few meetings:
- Clojush tutorial.
Other agenda items:
- Lee’s pucks agent environment – which is going to be used in Lee’s class, though the intention’s to also use this for general ALife stuff.
Clojush 2.0 (.3)
- Currently ~2 weeks old
- Long-term issue on generalization of evolved programs.
- The median problem
- High potential for overfitting
- Significance of “validation” data
- Potential resonance with Kalman filtering? Where Kalman filters can help converge on a global optimum even though only subsets of the data are seen at a time.
- The question of parsimony
- Simplification as a post-processing step. (Another interesting potential resonance with Wavelet Shrinkage)