Moldy Fruit

A moldy piece of fruit is a waste object that could be seen as a hazard, a risk, and a resource. The Moldy piece of fruit is considered a hazard because mold is generally not the best to be around there’s a lot of people to have mold allergies and also consuming mold can cause a lot of people to get sick.  The Moldy piece of fruit can also be considered a risk as it may cause other food in the fridge to become moldy faster as it spreads its spores which can create more frustration and loss of goods.  but it can also be seen as a resource since moldy food is something that you can put in the compost bin and the compost can be used for fertilizing soil and other plants and so in that mind it is not as bad as it ending up in a landfill and not being able to decompose due to the  environment. Things that are seen as a hazard  is something I am more likely to throw away if I see something as a resource I will want to keep it until I’m able to use it as a resource and so there have been times when I put moldy food in the freezer because I don’t have the energy to take it out to the compost bin but I also would feel terribly guilty about throwing away food that was once fresh and I could have had the potential to eat I just didn’t. When I think of moldy food I was unable to get to due to my lack of object permanence with my ADHD  and my lack of energy and fatigue;  it makes me feel less bad if I’m able to consider it as a resource that still has value.