Out of Place, Filthy, Resource

I have a small collection of sticks in my room, which when outside wouldn’t be considered waste but since I have brought them inside, they have become out of place, and therefore waste. I keep them around because I tend to think that I would use them for something at some point, which makes them a potential resource. Sticks are also, in a way, filth. They were brought from outside and weren’t really cleaned off at all, so they have dirt and other debris on them. People will see these sticks and think of them as filthy, because of the debris they might leave on my floor that I have to clean up, which makes them the most like waste, since they are creating more waste and filth in the area they occupy. Out of all of these conceptualizations, they are the most out of place. When outside, they have the chance to complete their life, from falling from their tree to decomposing into the ground, but by bringing them inside, with no connection to the dirt or their lost trees outside, they don’t get to have that chance. Instead, they’ll dry out and stay there for as long as I want them.