pollution

I love to paint and one of the most affordable types of paint is acrylics. Acrylics are microplastics: everytime I wash my brushes I’m dumping plastic down the drain, everytime I paint all i’m doing is smearing plastic on cotton. Where is this art gonna end up when I’m dead? What about when I decide my art isn’t worth keeping anymore? It will all be trash. I’m working with materials that will never leave, materials that when returned to the environment do nothing but cause harm. I can make art without polluting. There’s a better way, people have been painting for centuries, way before plastics were ever invented. Maybe I can make my own paint! As an individual I have the time and resources to seek out non-polluting paint alternatives, but it shouldn’t be an individual’s responsibility. Alternet paints should be accessible, they should be sold in stores, they should be cheap enough to afford. That statement can be re-apply to almost anything. Water should be accessible, food should be accessible, housing should be accessible. DAMN! Everytime I run a tap to get water I’m polluting, aren’t I? The plumbing system, what is it powered by? Is it powered by fossil fuels? Everytime I eat, I’m eating foods that have traveled miles on a truck to get to me. Every action to maintain my own life is an act of pollution. We have been made reliant on a system that pollutes. AGHH!