Container From Hall Trash

I found this container in the bathroom trash of my hallway, it was a bit more towards the top on the side, so I did not have to do a lot of digging in order to find it and get it out. I am almost certain it was my friend who threw it out since we are the only two people living in our hall, which helped me feel better about taking it out of the trash and washing it for future use. I chose this object because a solid, closable container can be very useful, and I am currently using it to store loose hardware parts like nuts, washers, and screws. I think if I had found it in a more public trash container I would not have taken it out unless I was able to either see all of the contents inside or wash my hands immediatly after, since I don’t feel great about unknown germs. I do have an example of me going through a public trash bin from the past week, however, because at some point in the middle of the night my friend called me to tell me a mouse was trapped in the trash (the sides were too high to jump over and too smooth to climb), so I went to where they were, tipped the trash bin over, and helped them empty it so the mouse could get out. I felt ok going through this trash because there were only three things in it, all of which were mostly empty food containers. I also had the motivation of helping a friend feel better, which overpowered my unease of going through a trash bin.