Rescues from the Trash

I retrieved a red ribbon from a chocolate box in the recycling. I was going to throw something away in my common room with my mom and when I looked in I saw a red ribbon. I was initially just going to throw the red ribbon away because I often have a hard time keeping something from the trash, but this was from a recycling bin, and seemed really clean. I put it in my pocket and continued on with my day, until later that evening I gave it to my cat. My cat, Perron, loves ribbons and plays with toys all the time. When he saw it, it was instant excitement. I don’t have a picture because I don’t know where he has put it. I think back on it now and I’m glad I rescued the ribbon. It is going to bring lots of joy to Perron, and that in turn brings me joy. I know this object was thrown away because it was packaging, and no one keeps packaging anymore. I do know if it was mine from the get go, the ribbon would have been a no brainer. I don’t know if people should have treated it differently just because I would, doesn’t mean everyone should.