Lee, Thom, Bill, George, Karthik, Omri (scribe)
Less than 2000 problem is important–why isn’t it easy?
Thom has no time
Bill has set up lexicase in his system
George to work on minimal evoluationary loop:
1. Get comfortable with ClojureScript workflow
2. Manually try out some qgame programs
3. Generate random qgame programs
4. Very simple selection/reproduction
TDS paper discussion
- Can solve some pretty hard problems, but runs into an “exponential wall”–maybe GP could be really useful here
- Perhaps we should we write to the authors about non-binary test cases in GP (something they seem to have overlooked)
- Case order is manually optimized, whereas in lexicase order is randomized for each evaluation
- Raises the question: how do we deal with large numbers–potentially infinite–test cases?
- Their method has difficulty with arbitrary structure and instructions
There may be a workshop in Newfoundland with Wolfgang