Young Poets

Conrad, Rachel. “Young Poets and Black Spaces: Vanessa Howard’s Poetics of Nature.” Special lssue on Black Spaces in International Children’s Literature. International Research in Children’s Literature, vol. 16, no. 3, 2023, 267-280.

Conrad, Rachel. “’To take my freedom is to take my breath’: Lillian Myricks and Young Black Poets’ Poetics of Freedom.” Special issue on Youth Poets in Children’s Literature, Media, and Performance. Children’s Literature Association Quarterly, vol. 47, no. 4, 2023, 357-369.

Conrad, Rachel and Casey Andrews. “Collaborative Agency and Relationality in a High School/College Poetry Partnership.” Childhood: A Journal of Global Child Research, vol. 30, no. 3, 2023, 286-300.

Conrad, Rachel and Cai Rodrigues-Sherley. “Kali Grosvenor, Aurelia Davidson, and the Agency of Young Black Poets.” Literary Cultures and Twentieth-Century Childhoods, edited by Rachel Conrad and Brown Kennedy. Palgrave, 2020.

Conrad, Rachel. “’My sole desire is to move someone through poetry, and allow for my voice to be heard’: Young Poets and Children’s Rights.” Special Issue on Children’s Rights and Children’s Literature. The Lion and the Unicorn, vol. 40, 2016, pp. 196-214.

Conrad, Rachel. “’We are masters at childhood’: Time and Agency in Poetry by, for, and about Children.” Jeunesse: Young People, Texts, Cultures, vol. 5, no. 2, 2013, pp. 124-150. *Received Honor Award from the Children’s Literature Association.

Conrad, Rachel.  “’My future doesn’t know ME’: Time and Subjectivity in Poetry by Young People.” Childhood: A Journal of Global Child Research, vol. 19, no. 2, 2012, pp. 204-218.