Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com. The deadline for the 2017 issue will be Friday, February 10. All current Hampshire students are encouraged to submit writing or artwork regardless of their academic focus. Please note the guidelines below before submitting.
- Students may submit a total of up to four pieces of work (literary, visual, or mixed media).
- Please include your name in the email, but exclude it from the submission(s).
- Each submission may not exceed more than six pages of 12 point text double-spaced.
- Submissions are requested as attachments in .txt. or .doc/.docx format.
- Due to space limitations, series comprised of more than three pieces cannot be considered in their entirety.
- If a submission is comprised of a series that the student would find unacceptable treated as separate pieces, this should be indicated in email.
- High resolution (300 dpi or above) TIFs are preferable, but JPEGs are acceptable.
- Indicate any information about the medium or format of the work you would like to have included in the journal.
- If a student would like assistance in documenting a work they would like to submit (such as in the case of sculpture or performance), please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Preferably well before the submission deadline.)
- If a submission includes more than one of the attached files, please indicate this in the email.
- Due to the complex nature of representing mixed media as well as non-print based material in a print format, layout staffers encourage students to detail how they would like their work represented in print.