Staff Spotlight: Career Options Resource Center

Carin Rank, director of CORC:

Carin Rank

I enjoy all things outdoors including kayaking, canoeing, hiking, swimming, gardening, and wilderness camping.  I also participate in many types of partner dance, from Latin to ballroom to country to Cajun; my favorite is waltz which is a part of almost every dance genre.

Sharon Friedner, career counselor:

Sharón smiling outside

Prior to working at Hampshire I was an environmental educator, youth development worker, and bread baker at a cooperatively-owned bakery in California. In my time outside of Hampshire, my partner and I grow as much of our own food as we can, both at home and in our community garden plot at Just Roots Farm in Greenfield. In the fall, you’ll find me in the kitchen canning tomatoes and blanching huge pots of kale for the freezer. For the past few seasons we managed to grow enough garlic, tomatoes and greens to last us through the winter. This year my life changed completely when I became a foster parent of newborn twins, who are now smiling and silly 4-month-olds, so parenting is my second full-time job these days. I’m looking forward to the summer, and the challenge of going camping and being in the garden with babies. Hopefully they’ll like being outside as much as I do!