people you should know: claire saboe!

Written by program assistant Claire Saboe 16F

img_5191Hi! My name is Claire and I use she/her/hers pronouns and am currently a Div I student. My interests consist of philosophy, ethics, and the role that sexism plays in how sexual education is taught, especially in grade-school. For now, I’m writing to you as the new New Student Programs Program Assistant! This job consists of helping Jessica Ortiz, director of new student programs, compile data, organize, work on the blog, and general administration duties. New to the school, and part of a really awesome set of friends, I’ve become such a Hampshire cheerleader!

Yet, originally coming to Hampshire, from Northern California (so far away ah!), applying so many months before actually going, and moving across the country, I was scared and fascinated about what my Hampshire life would end up looking like. However, throughout my nearly three month stay, I’ve been able to participate in many of the New Student Programs and orientation events, such as kayaking on the pool, and through these events I’ve found such a wonderful outlet. I’ve also been able to watch environmental documentaries in FPH, listen to lectures on racism in the U.S., color multiple times at coloring night, and sit in awe as many other students perform at open mic. With these events, I’ve met new friends and opened my eyes to the wonders that Hampshire has to offer.

Thus, now being able to actually working with Jessica, I’m extremely excited to be able to be part of a program that functions to benefit students (like myself) that are fresh to Hampshire and help get the word out about!

Want to meet Claire? Stop by New Student Programs drop-in hours on Tuesdays from 3-4:30 p.m. and Fridays from 1-3 p.m. Either Claire or Jessica will be on hand during this time to answer questions, share information about upcoming programs, and hear how things are going. We hope to see you soon!

3 thoughts on “people you should know: claire saboe!