win this week’s care package!

Care Package Front

Happy Sunday, friends. It’s time for this week’s care package giveaway question!

All first and second semester students are eligible to win a care package – just post an answer to the following question in the comments before 11:59 p.m. TONIGHT to be included in the drawing for this week’s care package. The winner will be chosen randomly from all of the respondents on Monday morning. Ready? Okay!

If you could suddenly possess an extraordinary talent in one of the arts, what would you like it to be?

25 thoughts on “win this week’s care package!

1. I’d like to be able to dance. I can sing and I love musical theatre, but my disability makes dancing difficult, so it’s hard to get cast in main roles.

2. I would want to be able to draw. I love visual art and over time my abilities have grown, but I would love to be extraordinarily talented.

• Anonymous wrote:"His [Rockwell's] schmaltzy paintings were one part ironic revenge against society, one part an attempt to rewrite his past, and another part cashing in on his previously unappreciated talent. He is like the comic book artist who draws evil arch-villains looking like his childhood enemies."Shades of Prince Otto von Bismarck, who – long after he had become the most powerful man in Europe – continued to live in absolute dread of one of his old schoolteachers.

3. I would really like to be at a place with my artistic ability that i can improve without strongly disliking what i would be currently creating.

4. I’ve always loved painting and drawing, but I have never been very good at drawing realistic figures, etc. So I would love to be able to do that, so that I wasn’t so limited in the art that I make.

5. I would like to be able to accurately depict the worlds and characters that I can generate in my imagination. If I were able to draw them as I imagined them, I would be able to craft far greater and vastly more involving stories.

6. I would love to be able to paint by reference. I’m terrible at painting and most visual art and hope to be more knowledgable.

7. I would like to have enough artistic craftsmanship to create an accurate full body duck costume for myself. Not that I want to be a duck or anything, it would probably be just for decoration, but mostly because I want to be able to say that I’ve built a full body duck suit with my hands. Not in like a furry way or anything related, just to say like, “oh, you practice law? I built a full body duck suit. Match that.”
    Imagine telling that story to your grandkids.

8. I would love to be able to be one of those musicians that can play almost any instrument. Mostly because I love playing piano and wish I could master even more instruments. Of course I think this question is kind of cool but also kind of silly. If I tried hard enough and really concentrated I would be able to play many instruments. It would take longer of course, but it would be possible.

9. I wish I was more dedicated to playing guitar and that my lil hands and fingers were extra nimble so that learning things would be easier.