Tech Tip of the Week: How to Get Our Attention
What’s the best way to contact IT for help? That depends on the situation. Here are our suggestions for the most efficient service.
For those need-immediate-attention emergencies, pick up the phone and call the IT help desk at 413.559.5418.
Need Quick Help?
If you have a problem that needs quick–but not immediate–attention, contact the help desk via email at email@example.com.
Have a Project or Request?
For problems not requiring immediate attention, you can enter a work order in our system. The help desk can enter work orders for you, but it’s quicker for you to do it yourself. That will also free up the help desk personnel for situations requiring immediate attention.
Entering work orders for IT is pretty simple, especially when you’re entering them for yourself:
- Go to http://thehub.hampshire.edu (for a shortcut on campus, try typing just “thehub” into your browser, without the quote marks).
- Log in using your HampNet ID.
- Select “Faculty” or “Employee.”
- From the IT Trouble Tickets section select “Enter an IT Trouble Ticket.”
- You will be asked to verify your name, location, etc.
- Choose the type of work from the drop down list at the bottom and click submit.
- If this is a computer problem, you will be given a list of computers assigned to you to choose from (if appropriate–you can select “none” if it’s not related to a specific computer).
- Finally, you’ll be asked for a description of the problem; try to be specific and clear about the problem, but don’t fret: if we have questions, we can always contact you.
- Submit the work order and you’re done!
You can track the work order from TheHub, too. Just select “Trouble Ticket Status Inquiry,” and you’ll be given a selection of work orders to choose from.