Tech Tip Summer Extra: Coming Back from Vacation Just Got Easier…
…well, at least as far as out-of-office messages go. If you use an auto-reply message for your email when you go away for a few days, you’ll be happy to learn that you can now set a start and end time in advance.
Most of us have had the experience of forgetting to turn off our out-of-office email message when we return from vacation. Check out the new interface that will automatically turn it on and off at a specified time.
- In your web browser go to https://password.hampshire.edu.
- After logging in, select “Email Settings.”
- Down at the bottom of the page, turn “Vacation Message” on.
- To start the message up at a specified time, check the “Vacation after” box, and dial in the date and time when you want to start the vacation auto-response.
- To end the message at a specific time, check the “Vacation until” box, and set the date and time to turn the message off.
- Edit the subject and content of the out-of-office message, remembering to add a signature to the bottom if you regularly use one.
- Click the “Save” button at the bottom right to save the changes.
- Click “Logout” at the top right when you’re done.