CORC Blog

Information

This article was written on 15 Oct 2012, and is filled under Uncategorized.

Meet the CORC student workers! (part 1 of 2)

CORC has some of the best student workers on the planet!  Here we’ll introduce three of our new student workers: Anna, Julianna, and Maka. 

Hello! My name is Anna Perry and I am one of the new student workers in the CORC office! I am thrilled to be here and to be helping other students and alum with all sorts of things from job placement to volunteer searches! As I am a new addition to the CORC team, I feel that it is only appropriate that I take some time to introduce myself to the Hampshire community. I am a Division I student and am experiencing the Hampshire life for the first time here on campus. When I not spending my time in the CORC office, I can most often be found working out in the RCC or researching the many twists and turns of HIV/AIDS. If you haven’t guessed by now, I am enrolled in the HIV/AIDS: 30 Years Later class with Megan Dobro and so far, I love it! It is the best environment to have discussions on not only the biological side of the virus, but also the many personal and social implications that are attached with it. In addition to this information, I have a great love for science; therefore, it only seems appropriate that my goal for the future is to become a surgeon! I hope you have enjoyed learning a little bit about me and I look forward to meeting you all in the coming year! Thank you!

Hi my name is Julianna, and I am super excited to be working for CORC. This is my first year at Hampshire, and so far I’m having a blast. There are so many great opportunities at this school, like CORC for example, I feel so lucky to be a part of it. I’m not too sure what I what to focus on academically, though I do feel it will have something to do with communications. I’m very interested in marketing. I would love to be one of those high powered advertising executives like you see on Mad Men. I want to work specifically for non-profits and good causes. Though, for now, I’m really excited to make some awesome feel good flyers for CORC.

Hi! My name is Maka and I am a brand new CORC student worker. I just transferred from my community college in the state of Hawaii and am beginning Div II this fall. Let me say first of all that I am so happy to be here! I am loving Massachusetts so far and I am loving Hampshire. What do I want you to know about me? My passion is music and violin is my favorite instrument but I really love the outdoors. I have a curiosity for everything and everyone, especially psychology. I am very interested in Music Therapy as a career, which is the skilled use of music and sound as therapy by trained therapists to achieve different goals for each individual. It is a lot more than simply playing or listening to music, and this is driving what I want to explore and learn here at Hampshire. I look forward to a great year!